Barry Law Alumni Chapter Executive Board
06-07-2017 Meeting Notes
- Brigitte Debbarh advised the board of various options in connection with an Orlando City soccer game. Of all the various option it was decided to look into the cost of hosting a watch party for a game at a downtown location. The event would be open to sponsorship from alumni.
- Brigitte Debbarh will look into the cost and feasibility of holding a beach event in Brevard county for alumni. The event would be open to sponsorship from alumni.
- Board meeting dates have been set for July, August, September and October.
- The annual Wine Room event is set for 9-21-2017. The board briefly discussed the date coinciding with the release of the July bar results.
- The Holiday Homecoming will be held on 11-30-2017. This is one week after thanksgiving and one day before final exams start at the law school. The Homecoming will again be a toy drive, possibly benefiting the Orange County Sheriff's Office. Mason Williams will be looking into a contact for the donations. Rinaldo Cartaya will be looking into an alternative toy charity.
- The board also discussed the possibility of hosting an event between alumni and students.
- It was decided that elections will again be doine electronically. The nomination period will run from 10-25-2017 until 11-08-2017; the electronic voting period will run from 11-15-2017 until 11-22-2017; the election results will be announced at the Homecoming on 11-30-2018. The new board will officially take office on 01-01-2018